The Source Fallacy
- Need to discover the specific source of the alleged parallel
- Is it found in the actual sacred texts of the religion which predate Christianity or is it found in a later source?
- Primary or secondary?
- Can they quote the specific source: book, volume, verse?
- Many ancient religions evolved over time and there is no one authoritative source or narrative of their myths
- Most copycat theorists simply do not know the source of their claims.
- Most often when you look at the original source it does not come close to what copycats claim.
Pagan Copycat Theory: The story of Jesus Christ as presented in the gospels is a myth incorporating various aspects of other ancient pagan religions.