Dear Mr Andrews
I just want to say that I appreciate you website and twitter account. I had looked on it in the past but only in recent months took more attention to it.
I am after some advice if at all possible. I pastor a small church in England, and also work full-time. I studied a BA in Theology at an independent college. I would like to further my education, but mainly due to time and finances am unable to enrol with a college, university or seminary institute.
Studying myself seems to be my current and only available option. I have seen you list of fantastic resources on iTunes. My only issue with that is my discipline!
Would you have any advice on to structure a self taught study?
I hope you don’t mind me asking!
www.kingsmeadbaptist.comread more »
Hello there Max Andrews, my name is Brian Urias. I’m 19 years old, live in Virginia, and am planning on transferring to Liberty University, or to whatever school the Lord leads me to go. I have a heart and passion for Gods kingdom and seeing lives change for Jesus Christ. I’ve been particularly interested in theology and apologetics since my junior year of high school. I literally have a whole library of books on theology and apologetics in my house haha. My long term goal is to be a professor and publish my own work and continue to spread the gospel throughout the academia as you are. I know this is all random so let me get to the point. One day I decided to look up local Christian apologists on google and your website came up. I watched a portion of your debate and read some of your other material and I must say that God has given you a gift! It honestly inspired so much. I know this is all very random, but I have a question. I saw that you got your bachelors in Biblical studies, and I want to know what exactly you did from that point? I love Gods word and I feel that he might be calling me to major in Biblical studies as well. I don’t necessarily fear what people would think, I just fear what people say about “Bible majors.”read more »
Purity in Ministry: Biblical Principles
- Leaders are held to a higher standard (James 3:1)
- I Tim 4.12- youth (thirty something)
- II Tim- youth (teenage)
- Ecc. 8.11- why we still sin (because He doesn’t drop the hammer doesn’t mean He won’t)
- Eph. 4:17
- Process of Church discipline—Matt. 18.15-17 (transcending fifth step of judgment on a leader) –group rebuke to safeguard your own self—vv18-20 (controversial) God confirms His support of spiritual Church Leaders who make difficult spiritual decisions!
read more »
Starts in your heart! (I Tim. 3:1)
- You seek it—God’s choosing
Skills are placed within you (II Tim. 1:6; I Pet. 4:10-11)
- You are shaped to do it—God’s constructing
Shown to others ( II Tim. 1:6)
- Others see it—God’s confirming
Situations bring it to pass (Acts 9; 16:1-4)
- God’s sovereignty designs it—God’s circumstances
Now, concerning you’re roll in God’s calling:
- Crave nothing but ministry
- Ability to do the specific ministry
- Lifestyle exemplifies a godly ministry
- Leadership verifies your calling to ministry
read more »